Your hands are noticed more than or nearly as much as your face, so they deserve to be beautifully cared for. It’s easier to hide any imperfection of the face through make-up, but hands need constant grooming.
Hands are the first to show the signs of age but sometimes, due to negligence, young women have wrinkled hands. The first step towards the grooming of your hands is to keep them scrupulously clean. Put some lotion or cream every time you wash them. This prevents roughness and helps to restore natural oils.
Nail-biting is out if you want beautiful hands. Usually, people bite their nails unconsciously, at the time of tension or concentration, so it is difficult to change this habit.
Cover your nails with nail polish, preferably of the deep red shade, so that every time you try to bite, its bright color and bitter taste will put you off. Gradually, make yourself “nails – conscious” and after some time you will stop biting your nails, even unconsciously.
Too long and pointed nails look almost repulsive. So keep down the length of your nails and make them oval-shaped.
Simple hand – care Tips
- To repair the damage done by rough housework, keep on rubbing your hands with a mixture of an equal amount of glycerine and rose water. You can add a dash of honey or a touch of lemon or white vinegar.
- Keep lemon handy all the time in the kitchen as it acts as a whitener, softener, and nail cleaner. Rub even used lemon halves over your hands and elbows every time you get a chance.
- A mixture of equal amounts of honey and orange juice helps to soften hands.
- Equal amounts of lemon juice and white vinegar acts as hand fairness lotion.
Homemade Hand creams
- They are better than any of the preparations sold in the market.
- Take 60 drops of Badam Rogan (almond oil), one tablespoon of rose water, and about a teaspoon of tincture benzoin, Mix it and rub on hands at night.
- Another Overnight paste is made by beating the egg white with about 60 drops of glycerine and 2 tablespoons of honey. After beating them thoroughly, mix enough ground barley to make a smooth paste. All the above – mentioned beautifying lotions and pastes are good for hands. Select any one of them and use it regularly.
Daily hand care Tips
Every day after washing your hands, push back the cuticles, and clean under the nail tips.
Check if the nail tips are absolutely even.
Rub white iodine on your hands, whenever you get time.
Our nails, hair, eyes, or skin, indicate the state of our health. Nails lacking in color or with white spots are indications of ill health.
Vitamins A, D, and B complex are good for nail growth. Calcium and brewer’s yeast cure split nails.
Besides improving nail growth and general condition through diet, you can keep your nails in good shape by using barrier creams on hands, nails, and under nails at the time of doing some rough, manual work.
Nail – care Tips
- Try to avoid too much contact with strong detergents
- Dip your nails in warm olive oil before a manicure and rub it into cuticles every night.
- A massage of Vaseline into cuticles is excellent for rough cuticles. Take equal amounts of badam Rogan and white iodine to make an excellent mixture for nail base. As white iodine is not oily, it can be used separately at any time during the day.
- Rub your hands and nails with a slice of potato or lemon for removing stains.
- Buffing your nails with beeswax increases blood circulation and lends them a shine.
- If castor oil is added to acetone, a nail polish remover will protect nail enamel. If you use the above-mentioned homemade lotions and creams regularly, you will soon have reason to be proud of your hands.