10 Yoga Postures for Beginners :: Benefits :: Basic rules
Yoga is the true solution to personal perfection and social cohesion as one strives to achieve power. These yoga practices are multifaced.
Yoga contributes to the development of the physical, mental, and other organs of a human being. Asanas can be used to save energy and convert it into subtle mental powers
Some General Rules
- Asanas should not be done immediately after a meal. It should be at least 4 hours after lunch and two hours after breakfast. Stimulant beverages should not be consumed.
- Asanas can be done post or pre-bathing with 30 minutes of the gap.
- Don’t do a series of physical exercises and asanas immediately. Inhale as long as necessary between them.
- Relaxation of the body in the asana position is required. Physical and mental anxieties should be left in the asana position. Small intervals between two asanas are required.
- After practicing asana, the practitioner should not experience fatigue, lethargy, or distillation, as he would experience rejuvenation.
- Do not try beyond your strength to stay in the asana for a long time. Progress should be increased over time.
- The daily routine must be practiced for rapid improvement.
Pawana Muktasana/ Wind Relieving pose
The first posture
- Lay straight on the Yoga Mat. Join the heels and toes together and extend the arms over the head.
- Lift the right leg upright 45 degrees. Lay the left leg on the floor without moving. Inhale a little.
- Breathe in full and raise the right leg from the ground up to 90^.
- Bend the right knee and pull it towards your chest with the hands and exhale.
- Lift the head and bring the chin to the right knee.
- Lift the left leg a little and rotate 5 times in a clockwise direction and 5 times in an anti-clockwise direction. Breathing should be normal in this position.
- Repeat the same with the left leg.
Start with the second posture of condition.
- Raise both your legs up to 45 degrees. Keep the knees bent. Inhale slowly.
- Take a deep Breathe, place your feet 90^ from the ground.
- Exhale, bend the knees, and press the thighs with the hands towards the chest.
- Roll to the right so that the right-hand touches the ground in the same way role to the left so that the left-hand touches the ground. Do this 5 times.
Body movements in the asana prevent indigestion and enhance digestion. Eliminates constipation.
Trikonasanam /Triangular Pose
- Stand in position Place the right foot one meter away from the left foot, slowly raise both hands to the side and inhale until they are in the same position.
- Place both hands in the same row and bends to the right side. The fingers of the right hand should touch the right foot.
- The left palm should show forward and the fingers of the left-hand point towards the sky.
- Go back to the position, do the same for the left side.
Nourishes the muscles and hip muscles. Doing this asana on regular basis prevents back pain. Hump Back will be corrected. The flat feet problem can be reduced.
Parivrtta Trikonasana /Revolved Triangular pose
- Place the feet from a distance of one meter, as you do in the triangular pose, with the hands parallel to the ground.
- Slowly bend the waist, without bending the knee, touch the right foot with the left arm, and rest for a minute. Slowly come back to the first position.
- Do the same with the left side.
Supports flexion of the spine well on both sides. Corrects spinal defects, activates urinary tract,
- Hold the back with the palms at the waist and exhale.
- Inhale and bend the waist back by stretching the neck muscles. Bend the head backward. Breathe normally. Stay in the position for a minute. Return to the first position.
Makes the spine bends easily. Stimulates the nerves in the spine.
Releases the Blood clots in the head.
- Tilt the back and bend the body forward so that it is parallel to the floor. Try to pull the spine fully forward when bending.
- Stretch the body from the bottom of the spine upwards.
- Exhale, place the palms on the floor next to the feet,
- Hold your ankles without hands and bend your body until the forehead touches the knees. The knees should not bend in this position.
- Hold for about two minutes with normal breathing.
- Come back to the standing position
- Relaxes the spine. Relieves back pain and strengthens thighs.
- Prevents constipation.
- Corrects menstrual irregularities in women.
- Sit on a yoga mat, with legs forward position. Slowly fold the right leg and sit on the heel. Do the same with the left leg and sit on the heel.
- Join the knees. Keep the spine straight. The head and back should be at the right angle to the floor.
- Place the palms on either the thighs or above the knees. Close your eyes and meditate. Come back to the position after a few minutes.
This posture is useful for meditation as it allows you to sit comfortably for a long time. It is useful to reduce the inflammation of the nerves.
Shashankasana /Hare Pose
In the same vajrasana pose, hold the right wrist behind the back. Bend forward from the waist. Lay your forehead on the floor.
It activates the organs in the abdominal nervous system, especially the nerves surrounding the waist, becomes stronger.
Paschimottanasana/ Seated Forward Bend
- Sit on a yoga mat, with legs forward position, raise both arms parallel to the floor until they come into a single straight line.
- Raise your hand so that the shoulders should touch the ears and the palms of the hands should face forward and stretch the upper body from the waist Inhale.
- Exhale and bend the body forward. The body and arms should be parallel to the floor.
- Hold the toes with the index fingers. Place the face on the knees. Bend the elbows so that they touch the floor. Do not bend the knees.
- Relax the abdominal muscles.
- Stay tuned for two minutes.
Due to the flexion of the spine, all the nerves related to the spine are stimulated. It ignites the stomach. Melt the abdominal fat, the liver; pancreas, small intestines, etc. are active. Prevents constipation.
- Sit on the floor with legs forward position. Twist the waist to the right, bring your right knee to your chest and left elbow over the right knee.
- Take the right hand back and place the palm on the floor. Turn the body and breathing should be normal.
- Wait a minute and return back to the normal sitting position. Do the same for the left side.
- It gives elasticity to the spine.
- It helps to eliminate constipation and anorexia
- This asana is useful to control diabetes and kidney hemorrhoids.
- Reduces abdominal fat.
- Keep the heels and toes together and lay on your stomach.
Chin should touch the ground. The soles of the feet should be facing backward.
- Bend the elbows and place the palms on the floor. Keep the elbows close to the body. First, slowly lift the head from the floor and then the body in a snake-like manner, (you can also take the help of your hands to push the floor in order to erect your body further).
- In this position, the navel should barely touch the ground.
- Increases the elasticity of the spine.
- Relieves back pain caused by overwork.
- Respiratory tract Breast augmentation is also helpful in relieving asthma. Useful for cervical spondylitis.
The above are the beginner’s yoga postures that you can follow regularly and you can be better in the postures if you continue it regularly without fail. Along with yoga you can also practice meditation for your soul.