We all know that honey comes from honey bees. Most of the flies and worms cause diseases to us but there are very few that are very beneficial to us. Mainly bees and silkworms belong to this category. Everyone knows that bees are true friends.
Honey made from bees contains glucose and fructose. That is why honey is very beneficial for the body. Honey is rich in complex substances that are proteinaceous in nature. They have the ability to accelerate millions of times the chemical reactions that take place in the body.
The reason is that honey is in the first place among the foods that are high in Hyroxidate and lipase.
A few years ago honey was compared to sugar. Everyone knows that sugar is just carbohydrates that give the body only calories. Honey contains over 80 different substances that the body needs to grow and function. If the honeycomb is analyzed and examined, it is understood that it contains nutrients that are essential for the body and healing. More than half (up to 70%) of the energy needed by humans comes from the source of sugar in food.
Nutrients in Honey
Honey contains all the proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals needed for every living cell to grow. It may also have fungal and antimicrobial properties. Another characteristic of honey is its strong alkalinity, it is one of the very few foods created by nature.
Honey also contains salts of Calcium, Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium, Iron, Chloric, Phosphorus, Sulphur, and Iodine.
Bee honey contains B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, Vitamin C, E, K, and carotene vitamins. As well as acetylcholine, hormones, antibiotics, phytonutrients as well as valuable substances for the body.
Up to 1.5 mg of B2 vitamin (riboflavin), up to 0.1 mg of vitamin B1 Aneurin, up to 2 mg of vitamin B (pantothenic acid), up to 1 mg of Vitamin B3 nicotinic acid, Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) up to 5 mg, Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 30 to 54 mg.
Their sizes are very small. However, these vitamins combine with other essential nutrients in honey. Due to all these, it is good for an easy digestion process.
Honey as preservative
People know that bee nectar does not spoil if stored properly for hundreds of years even thousands of years. Ancient Egyptians and Greeks used honey to preserve the bodies of the dead,
Unlike other foods, honey does not spoil if it is stored properly.
Adding Honey to our food
Milk has a special place in the diet of human beings. Moreover, ‘honey in milk’ plays an important role as food for people of all ages.
Giving honey to children instead of sugar in their diet can help keep them healthy. Experienced physicians and scientists have found that the sugar and bacteria left in the oral cavity can be broken down through honey. Unlike sugar, honey has antibiotic properties.
Instead of sugar, honey can be added to mousse (a dish made with condensed milk cream) to enhance the taste and speed up digestion.
Honey can also be added to Macaroni, semolina, rice, Rava, wheat, oatmeal, pearl barley, buckwheat, millet, etc., tastes good, and can be easily digested.
Benefits of Honey
Not only for the sick but also for the healthy persons it is better to combine honey with cottage cheese, various jams, apples, etc. It is also good for health. Honey water soothes and energizes the body at night.
Honey cleanses the body without germs. In addition, it contains fluoride. It also used to reduce the decay of teeth.
Honey for children
According to the Food Education Rhythm of the Academy of Medical Sciences in the Soviet Union, children should eat 60 grams of sugar and 10 grams of sweet a day. It is recommended to fill a portion of sugar (60 grams) with honey (30 grams). Doing so will greatly benefit the growing children. It is better to take honey instead of sugar not only for children but also for adults.
Role of Honey in curing diseases
- Honey is indicated for non-acidic gonorrhea, intestinal diseases, chronic colitis, cholera, gallbladder disease, hepatitis, and diarrhea and also for those who are suffering from high blood pressure.
- Honey can also be given for those suffering from diseases of the cardiovascular system, and for those who are suffering from tuberculosis to boost the body’s immune system.
- A teaspoon of honey (100 calories) mixed with a glass of milk (124 calories) not only tastes well but also very nutritious and makes us strong.
- Honey is good for wounds and sores in the mouth. Honey and wheat flour can be applied to the wound. In the olden days, honey is also used in ointments to heal wounds.
- For cold, honey should be taken in combination with hot milk (a large spoonful of honey per glass of milk). You can also take honey with lemon.
- Drinking honey water relieves sneezing and reduces cough.
- Hazelnuts mixed with honey are good for chronic coughs, hair loss and strengthens the body. It also increases the percentage of hemoglobin in the blood. Honey decreases the mucus in patients.
- Honey relaxes the veins and improves blood circulation in the heart vessels.
- Taking an average of 70 grams for 45 days will improve the general health condition of patients suffering from heart disease; it improves heart health and increases the activity of blood vessels.
- Patients with many gastrointestinal diseases can use honey as a medicine and food for gastric ulcers. Dissolve honey in lukewarm water and drink it. Honey dissolved in hot water dilutes the stomach mucus and reduces acidity.
- After some surgeries especially jaw, a special diet has to be taken. If chewing is not possible and the patient has difficulty swallowing, taking honey at this time not only gives you enough energy but also honey helps in wound healing.
Honey for Skin
- Nowadays with the pollution around us, the main goal is to keep the skin healthy and beautiful. The skin protects the body from the harmful substances in the environment that surround us. Honey has a special place among all the medicines that give to the skin.
- Honey is a wonderful cosmetic substance. It easily penetrates the skin and supplies glucose. Also, it has the property of protecting the skin from bacteria. ‘Honey bandages’ are used to tighten the skin, and delicate. This is why it is used in cosmetics.
- A mixture of honey, turmeric, and milk cream mixed in equal parts. Applying this on your face and wipe it off after 15 minutes. This can do wonders on your skin,
- Mix pure honey (if it is strongly crystalline it should be heated slightly) with 25 g of spirit, and water, to a bit of olive oil. Rinse the face with clean hot water, and then apply the mixture on the face in a thin layer with cotton wool. Put a cotton towel on top and close. Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash your face with normal water.
- A teaspoon of honey, with the same amount of glycerine, one egg yolk, all should be well combined. Apply this mixture on the face to reduce acne and dark spots.
- Honey bandages, lotions, creams, and ointments make the skin delicate and wrinkle-free. If the skin is very dry, apply the following bandage. Rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- Add 50 g of pure honey, 30 g of wheat flour and 30 g of water apply it all over the face and cover it with a cotton towel for 20-25 minutes. Then wash the face with plain water.