We’ve all heard that walking is the greatest method to lose weight. But most of us don’t know how we need to walk. to shred those extra pounds.
Exercise is defined as any activity that raises the heart rate, whether it be playing, walking, jogging, or spending time performing exercises at the gym. We all know about walking is one of the safest forms of exercise and that it helps us lose weight. The most crucial factor, however, is how we need to walk in order to lose weight quickly.
How frequently should I walk?
To keep healthy, the national Guidelines recommend at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise every week. However, moderate-intensity exercise should only comprise brisk walking; longer-duration walking will increase your fitness and health.
- We are physiologically created as humans to walk and run.
- It might be regarded as one of the safest or with the lowest chance of injury compared to other workouts.
- Almost every type of agriculture is represented by a single category. Almost every one of us is lucky enough to be able to walk as a pastime. It also does not necessitate any additional criteria.
- It is truly related to the weight of each individual. People who are heavier will burn more calories when walking since moving requires more energy.
- Walking faster consumes more energy than walking slower because of extra processes that occur at higher levels of exercise.
- Sweating, higher respiratory rate, and circulation all compel the body to burn more energy than just the energy necessary to move.
- Most humans walk at a rate of 3-4 miles per hour on average. Assume a brisk walker can cover up to 6 miles in an hour, or around 10 minutes each mile.
How to Begin
Slow and steady wins the race, according to Swamy Vivekananda.
- Begin gradually as a result of that. Begin by going for short, gentle walks. Walk for 10-15 minutes. Of course, most of us will walk for 10-15 minutes at a fast pace, but starting small has various advantages. By starting small, you give yourself the opportunity to build a habit through continuous walking.
- It is more necessary to perform modest, consistent walks than long, erratic ones.
- After a few weeks, you might begin to improve your walking technique.
- Concentrate on the pace at which you wish to walk at a consistent pace. This allows you to choose the intensity and set a speed that you can sustain while also challenging yourself for a longer amount of time. It also allows you to evaluate your timing and distance, allowing you to know how far you have walked and how fast you have gone.
- A good tempo, a decent speed in terms of fitness begins with what is usually referred to as talking pace.
- At this pace, your respiration is elevated, but you may still maintain a conversation and converse with someone while strolling along your side.
- When practiced, it should seem natural. Let’s be honest: we’ve been walking since we were toddlers. As a result, a suitable walking posture should already be established or requires only minor adjustments.
- Once you’ve established appropriate posture and a good speed, you may gradually increase the amount of time you walk. If you create a walking pace of 30 minutes every day, it will have an effect on your overall fitness.
- If you want to improve your fitness and maintain your walk under 30 minutes, you should increase the speed such that your breathing becomes difficult but not strained.
- For weight loss, longer periods of walking are recommended 60 minutes a day at a talking pace will cause a significant amount of calories to be burned.
Setting a target
A usual objective is to walk around 10,000 steps each day. It does not have to have a clear objective. However, it is beneficial to set additional goals throughout your practice. This will help you stay motivated and disciplined.
Walking approximately 1000 steps in 10 minutes, for example, is a suitable threshold for walking for a typical individual. Completing a few thousand steps in the morning, a few thousand more during the day and a few thousand more in the evening is usually easier than doing 10000 all at once.
The Benefits of Walking
You may raise your energy levels by reactivating your metabolism. It also improves our overall mental health by enabling us to unwind after a long day, improving our sleep patterns, and increasing our self-esteem and confidence.
One of the many advantages of walking over other types of exercise is the ability to stroll for longer periods of time with less effort.
What is a low-fat diet?
A low-fat diet is reducing the intake of bad fat from your diet. Not all low-fat diets are the same and the major rule is that including healthy fat in your diet and eliminate the bad fat. Some healthy fats contain Vitamins Like A, E, D, and K. Whereas Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids help to get healthy skin and hair.
How this works
Even though fat is one of the essential macronutrients to our body, but limiting fat content in food is the only option.
This low-fat diet works well along with healthy fats, healthy carbohydrates, and high protein food in your diet
This diet helps you to cut insulin levels and helps the body to use stored fat.
If you are on a Low-fat diet for a week, you will cut 750 calories of fat approximately. That means you will lose up to 89gm of fat per week.
Why fats are important to us
Fat stored under the skin helps in regulating the body temperature in extreme cold and hot.
Fat helps us to protect our internal Organs like Kidneys, liver, etc
They are the second energy producers in our body when carbohydrates are not available.
1gm of fat produces 8 calories of energy.
Fats make you feel fuller for a longer period because it stays in our body for a long duration.
They also help us for the absorption of Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Because these are the Fat-soluble Vitamins. So without fat, our body cannot absorb these Vitamins.
Who has to follow Low-fat Diet?
For those who are obese, that means BMI is more than30
People with high blood cholesterol, cardiac problems, and diabetics.
Rules to follow and understanding Fats
Avoid the intake of transfat, Transfat contains in the foods like Bakery products, pizza, pastries, Junk food, samosa, and any other deep-fried food, because they reheat the oil multiple times. It increases the risk of LDL which is bad cholesterol.
Whereas, saturated fat contains in milk, butter, ghee, and cheese. Even though you take skimmed milk it contains a minimal amount of saturated fat. They are also present in meat and beef. Saturated0 fats can increase the HDL and LDL levels that are both good and bad cholesterol.
Unsaturated fats are divided into three types Poly Unsaturated fats, found in sunflower seeds, and coloniol oil. Whereas, monounsaturated fats found in olive oil, and rapeseed oil. And last one Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids found in fatty fish and other plant-based food. These unsaturated fats help you to reduce LDL i.e., bad cholesterol, and increase HDL i.e., Good Cholesterol.
The food you should take in a Low-fat diet
- Any white meat like chicken, especially chicken breast.
- Cereal grains and pulses, fats in them are very minimal compared to other nutrients.
- Fatty fish, which contains Omega 3 fatty acids.
Below is the diet chart which can be used commonly by any individual to balance their fat intake.
To know the low-fat diet chart please click here Low-Fat diet chart
This diet provides:
Proteins – 75g.
Fat – 308g.
Carbohydrates – 385g.
So next time if you are eating fatty food make sure what kind of fats you are taking and how healthy it is to you.
Yoga is the true solution to personal perfection and social cohesion as one strives to achieve power. These yoga practices are multifaced.
Yoga contributes to the development of the physical, mental, and other organs of a human being. Asanas can be used to save energy and convert it into subtle mental powers
Some General Rules
- Asanas should not be done immediately after a meal. It should be at least 4 hours after lunch and two hours after breakfast. Stimulant beverages should not be consumed.
- Asanas can be done post or pre-bathing with 30 minutes of the gap.
- Don’t do a series of physical exercises and asanas immediately. Inhale as long as necessary between them.
- Relaxation of the body in the asana position is required. Physical and mental anxieties should be left in the asana position. Small intervals between two asanas are required.
- After practicing asana, the practitioner should not experience fatigue, lethargy, or distillation, as he would experience rejuvenation.
- Do not try beyond your strength to stay in the asana for a long time. Progress should be increased over time.
- The daily routine must be practiced for rapid improvement.
Pawana Muktasana/ Wind Relieving pose
The first posture
- Lay straight on the Yoga Mat. Join the heels and toes together and extend the arms over the head.
- Lift the right leg upright 45 degrees. Lay the left leg on the floor without moving. Inhale a little.
- Breathe in full and raise the right leg from the ground up to 90^.
- Bend the right knee and pull it towards your chest with the hands and exhale.
- Lift the head and bring the chin to the right knee.
- Lift the left leg a little and rotate 5 times in a clockwise direction and 5 times in an anti-clockwise direction. Breathing should be normal in this position.
- Repeat the same with the left leg.
Start with the second posture of condition.
- Raise both your legs up to 45 degrees. Keep the knees bent. Inhale slowly.
- Take a deep Breathe, place your feet 90^ from the ground.
- Exhale, bend the knees, and press the thighs with the hands towards the chest.
- Roll to the right so that the right-hand touches the ground in the same way role to the left so that the left-hand touches the ground. Do this 5 times.
Body movements in the asana prevent indigestion and enhance digestion. Eliminates constipation.
Trikonasanam /Triangular Pose
- Stand in position Place the right foot one meter away from the left foot, slowly raise both hands to the side and inhale until they are in the same position.
- Place both hands in the same row and bends to the right side. The fingers of the right hand should touch the right foot.
- The left palm should show forward and the fingers of the left-hand point towards the sky.
- Go back to the position, do the same for the left side.
Nourishes the muscles and hip muscles. Doing this asana on regular basis prevents back pain. Hump Back will be corrected. The flat feet problem can be reduced.
Parivrtta Trikonasana /Revolved Triangular pose
- Place the feet from a distance of one meter, as you do in the triangular pose, with the hands parallel to the ground.
- Slowly bend the waist, without bending the knee, touch the right foot with the left arm, and rest for a minute. Slowly come back to the first position.
- Do the same with the left side.
Supports flexion of the spine well on both sides. Corrects spinal defects, activates urinary tract,
- Hold the back with the palms at the waist and exhale.
- Inhale and bend the waist back by stretching the neck muscles. Bend the head backward. Breathe normally. Stay in the position for a minute. Return to the first position.
Makes the spine bends easily. Stimulates the nerves in the spine.
Releases the Blood clots in the head.
- Tilt the back and bend the body forward so that it is parallel to the floor. Try to pull the spine fully forward when bending.
- Stretch the body from the bottom of the spine upwards.
- Exhale, place the palms on the floor next to the feet,
- Hold your ankles without hands and bend your body until the forehead touches the knees. The knees should not bend in this position.
- Hold for about two minutes with normal breathing.
- Come back to the standing position
- Relaxes the spine. Relieves back pain and strengthens thighs.
- Prevents constipation.
- Corrects menstrual irregularities in women.
- Sit on a yoga mat, with legs forward position. Slowly fold the right leg and sit on the heel. Do the same with the left leg and sit on the heel.
- Join the knees. Keep the spine straight. The head and back should be at the right angle to the floor.
- Place the palms on either the thighs or above the knees. Close your eyes and meditate. Come back to the position after a few minutes.
This posture is useful for meditation as it allows you to sit comfortably for a long time. It is useful to reduce the inflammation of the nerves.
Shashankasana /Hare Pose
In the same vajrasana pose, hold the right wrist behind the back. Bend forward from the waist. Lay your forehead on the floor.
It activates the organs in the abdominal nervous system, especially the nerves surrounding the waist, becomes stronger.
Paschimottanasana/ Seated Forward Bend
- Sit on a yoga mat, with legs forward position, raise both arms parallel to the floor until they come into a single straight line.
- Raise your hand so that the shoulders should touch the ears and the palms of the hands should face forward and stretch the upper body from the waist Inhale.
- Exhale and bend the body forward. The body and arms should be parallel to the floor.
- Hold the toes with the index fingers. Place the face on the knees. Bend the elbows so that they touch the floor. Do not bend the knees.
- Relax the abdominal muscles.
- Stay tuned for two minutes.
Due to the flexion of the spine, all the nerves related to the spine are stimulated. It ignites the stomach. Melt the abdominal fat, the liver; pancreas, small intestines, etc. are active. Prevents constipation.
- Sit on the floor with legs forward position. Twist the waist to the right, bring your right knee to your chest and left elbow over the right knee.
- Take the right hand back and place the palm on the floor. Turn the body and breathing should be normal.
- Wait a minute and return back to the normal sitting position. Do the same for the left side.
- It gives elasticity to the spine.
- It helps to eliminate constipation and anorexia
- This asana is useful to control diabetes and kidney hemorrhoids.
- Reduces abdominal fat.
- Increases the elasticity of the spine.
- Relieves back pain caused by overwork.
- Respiratory tract Breast augmentation is also helpful in relieving asthma. Useful for cervical spondylitis.
The above are the beginner’s yoga postures that you can follow regularly and you can be better in the postures if you continue it regularly without fail. Along with yoga you can also practice meditation for your soul.
Tea in winter is one of the favorite drinks of most of us. There are many types of healthy and tasty teas which we can prepare at home quickly. These teas give us a different taste and can do wonders for our bodies. They can also give quick relief from most of the common diseases that occur in this winter season.
- Add 1 inch of cinnamon stick or one-fourth teaspoon of cinnamon powder (which smells strong) to one and a half cups of water.
- Let it boil slowly, turn it off after 2 min and allow it to rest for some time.
- Strain the water and sip this drink slowly and wait for the amazing results.
- This tea can be easily added to our diet. It is fully loaded with antioxidants and fights against bacteria that cause sore throat.
- You can have it either warm or cold, it works well in shedding extra pounds and helps you to maintain a healthy weight.
- It also controls blood glucose levels and lowers menstrual cramps.
Honey Lemon Tea:
- Add a normal tea bag to the boiling water and allow it to infuse.
- When it is warm you can add half lemon and 1 spoon of honey to this tea. It enhances the taste.
- This tea energizes you instantly and boosts your immunity to fight against the common cold.
- If it is taken as the first drink in the morning, it helps you in weight management.
- Vitamin C in lemon helps you to get immune from cold or any seasonal flue and also makes your skin healthy.
- Whereas honey gives you enough energy and makes you feel quite fuller for a long time.
This tea is prepared with Chamomile flowers, It may not be available for the people who are living in urban areas unless you can buy chamomile flowers dried powder from your nearest store or online.
Take any good branded dried chamomile powder which is available in the market. In a teapot add 2 tbsp. of chamomile powder and add super hot boiling water, give a quick stir and allow it to sit for a few minutes.
Finally, Strain the tea and sip it slowly, you can also add basil leaves or any other sweeteners to enhance its taste…
But its benefits make us realize how essential it is.
- It’s been used as food in different forms for more than 500 years
- It helps us to calm down the stress levels, and anxiety and effectively relieve from Hysteria.
- Extract of this tea treats Insomnia very well and also promotes youthful skin
- Its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial compounds help us to promote clear, radiant skin.
- Drinking this at bedtime relaxes our mind and makes us sleep well.
- It is also used in many beauty products and facial serums.
Turmeric- ginger tea:
This is one of the finest and easiest tea we can prepare, add 1 inch of ginger to one and a half cup of water and let it boil for few minutes, while boiling you can add turmeric.
Strain it and drink. You can add honey as a sweetening agent.
- Extracts of both Turmeric and ginger help us to reduce cholesterol levels especially LDL naturally. So it reduces the risk of heart strokes.
- Antioxidants present in this tea help us to stimulate neural activity and improve focus.
- This tea is a good solution if you have a week immune system and majorly suffers from cold and becomes ill frequently, because both ginger and turmeric aid to improve our immune system.
- By using turmeric in this herbal tea, due to its anti-inflammatory properties reduce acne and eczema. It also prevents the signs of aging and wrinkles and gives you youthful skin by stimulating the growth of new cells.
You can prepare this tea either with fresh basil or dried basil leaves which you can buy from your nearest store or online.
Add the powder to the boiling water and let it be infused. Strain the leaves and drink it slowly.
You can also add ice and have it as iced Basil Tea. It gives you the same refreshment and taste as well.
- Having this tea on regular basis fights acne-causing bacteria and Infections.
- It also provides good Dental and oral care.
- This tea gives you instant relief from headache and fever.
- It balances hormones and lowers stress levels and anxiety.
This is the tea prepared with peppermint leaves which is different from normal mint leaves. Peppermint is a hybrid variety of mint, which contains up to 40% of menthol, whereas mint contains 0.04% of menthol.
To prepare this tea, crush the peppermint leaves, add them to the water and let it boil for 3-5 minutes.
Put off the flame and allow it to infuse, strain it, and drink.
You can also have it as iced peppermint tea by adding some ice cubes.
- Regular intake of this tea helps to digest food more effectively and helps in weight loss.
- It makes you fuller for a long time, so it works well when you are on a diet
- This tea relieves you from constipation, bloating, and gas
- Due to its major menthol compound in leaves of peppermint, soothes body muscles after a workout
- Inhaling the steam of these leaves helps you to get quick relief from cold congestion and sinus
- Intake of this tea on a regular basis reduces oil on the skin, therefore reduces pimples and spots.
Examine the teeth, see if they are getting good nutrition or not?
Our teeth are direct evidence of the mistakes we have made in the past regarding food. Our body needs good teeth and strong gums. Good digestion should also need healthy teeth. Good teeth are desirable not only for health but also for appearance.
Dental diseases come from many reasons, which include a lack of nutrients that are essential for dental health and can also be caused by poor eating habits. This can cause oral hygiene.
Calcium for teeth
Teeth contain a substance similar to bone. Just as calcium is an essential nutrient for bone health, so the need for calcium for teeth will be higher. So it is better to drink plenty of milk to keep the teeth healthy.
Although milk is essential for the hardening of the teeth, some sweeteners in milk can cause tooth decay if left on the teeth for too long. Therefore, rinse your mouth with clean water immediately after drinking milk.
When children get permanent teeth, if they do not get enough calcium, they get pitted teeth.
How fluorine is useful to teeth
When speaking about teeth, be sure to remember about fluorine. Another essential nutrient for our teeth is fluoride which we absorb especially from water.
Some landmasses have high levels of fluorine, while others have low levels of fluoride in the underground water.
If fluorine is less than what we need, then we can notice a few changes in the tooth.
Dental caries can occur when there is not enough fluorine. When fluorine builds up more than it should, we can see pits on teeth and gums are stained. Such teeth are softer than normal teeth, are less likely to cause dental disease. These teeth are high in fluorine, which helps prevent tooth decay.
Due to the high fluorine content in the water, changes in the color of teeth are more noticeable in people. This is called “fluorosis”. It is not good to have too much fluoride in water.
Gums need vitamin C to stay healthy. When the body is deficient in vitamin C, the gums become swollen and bleed with any kind of touch. As the gums become damaged in this way, they will not able to hold the teeth tightly and there is a chance of losing our tooth.
The body needs vitamin D to absorb calcium mineral. Although we can normally get this vitamin through sunlight, it is a good idea to give growing children ingredients like Shark – liver oil.
Things to avoid
When children get addicted to chocolates or sweets and if this habit is overdone and you might not realize how bad it is to their teeth.
It is possible to get stuck in the gums when eating carbs and sweets where pathogens grow well on these spots. These insects make some acids which increase the risk of tooth decay.
The decay of tooth is high when you consume a lot of carbohydrates, sweets, bread, etc. and forget to rinse your mouth after.
One thing to realize here is, It should be noted that the cause of tooth decay is not due to overeating, but because these substances stick to the teeth and stay for a long time.
That is why it is not advisable to give ingredients like sticky sweets and chocolate too much to children. Foodborne pathogens can enter the gums and damage them.
If a vitamin deficiency is added to this, the gums will be completely damaged. This can cause the teeth to loosen up from the gums and fall eventually.
Teeth are more likely to get tough if they take hard material foods than soft material foods. Ingredients that are strongly abrasive will keep the teeth clean. Among them, we see fewer dental diseases in those who eat a lot of sugar cane.
We all need to realize that the foundations for the teeth are formed in the mother’s womb. So pregnant ladies should take calcium-rich food like milk and yogurt. After the baby is born milk, shark – liver – oil, etc., can be used to prevent tooth decay.
If enough care is taken in the beginning, it will be easier to prevent the teeth from chipping and losing at a young age.
- To maintain dental health: Go to the dentist every six months and get tested to see if the teeth are healthy.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly after consuming any food, even milk, and coffee
- Long-lasting sweeteners in the food are dangerous to the teeth.
Home Herbal garden in which it grows herbs around the house for basic health care. The purpose of promoting such gardens is to identify some of the most widely available medicinal plants in the area, root them in the backyard, and use them as first aid for common health problems. In fact, the idea of growing medicinal plants in the backyard and growing medicinal plants in the surroundings is not new today. India has a long history of biodiversity. Many types of plants are found growing around us.
A little space is also enough for those living in towns to grow plants. Many types of medicinal plants can be grown in pots. These can prevent many common diseases and also can cure some stubborn diseases.
There is a need to create a First Aid Kit that can help the general public using medicinal plants. Medicinal plants adapt to too many types of climatic changes. This is a very good change, that these days when water and air are also getting polluted. This home garden plays an important role in primary health care and in the revitalization of local traditional medicine.
We grow a variety of plants in front of the house, in the backyard, and in small pots. They are very pleasing to the mind and actually very few have medicinal values.
1 Aloe: (Aloe barbadenis, Aparaceae)
It forms clusters of leaves, they are thick, firm, sticky, and pulpy. The black paste-like substance obtained by drying the pulp of the leaf is called “musambramu”.
Most of us have seen the aloe Vera plant; leaves are very thick and thorny on both sides. It grows well in a month.
- Applying the Juice from the leaves on burns heals it quickly. Mixing it with turmeric also cures Hyperpigmentation.
- Ingestion of this juice reduces urinary incontinence and normalizes menstruation in females and also reduces menstrual cramps
- It works as a very good moisturizer for those with dry skin. Heals cracks in the legs.
- People suffering from constipation can also take it day by day.
- It works well for those who are overweight. It doesn’t have any side effects even we take it regularly.
- Regular intake of this Juice strengthens our immune system and all diseases will be cured.
- The gel obtained from it is also used in the manufacturing of cosmetics
2. Kaprilla /Ajwain leaves (Coleus aromaticus, Lamiaceae)
This plant has been growing in homes for a long time. It is also known as “vamu leaf”.
The leaves are very thick, rounded, and have a pungent odor. Fold the leaf and it will break. Due to this odor Mosquitoes and worms do not come close and it looks beautiful in pots. It can be regrown by its beet or by twigs.
- Chewing these leaves on daily basis reduces bronchitis. Asthma in adults and children can be completely cured by eating these leaves daily for a month.
- The Juice of this leaf removes stones in the urinary bladder and also reduces the pain of having stones and blood in the urine.
- It also gives relief in indigestion, diarrhea, abdominal pain.
- When Sputum blocked in the throat two teaspoons of this juice mixed with boiling water will bring immediate relief.
- Juice of the leaves, a pinch of ground pepper powder mixed with honey can cure cough, sore throat, and cold.
- Bajjis made with these leaves are delicious and serve to relieve indigestion.
3. Basil: (Ocimum sanctum, Lamiaceae)
This is a perennial plant that grows up to one meter in height. The plant is considered sacred by the Hindus. Basil is considered to be very sacred and is also the best medicine. Both basil leaves and seeds can be used. It is very easy to extract juice from the basil leaves.
- Taking three teaspoons of basil juice along with peppermint powder or ginger juice or honey reduces cold, cough, fever, fatigue, hoarseness, sinusitis, allergies, and excessive sneezing.
- It is great medicine for indigestion.
- By consuming the leaves daily, worms in the stomach are completely extinct.
- Basil juice taken in the evening will relieve anxiety and fatigue.
- Those who are prone to anxiety, irritability, and fear of every little thing will get a very good result if they drink basil juice every day.
- For those who are on medication for blood pressure, taking basil juice works well and within a few days, the blood pressure returns to normal.
- Applying this juice on the face reduces wrinkles, pimples, and dark circles. In addition, it gives a good glow to the skin.
4. Coriander: (Coriandrum sativum, Apiacene)
It is better to grow coriander at home since there is a difference between what we find in the market and what we grow at home. They can be grown by gently crushing and sowing coriander seeds.
- A drop of coriander leaf juice grown in our home will completely reduce itching and inflammation.
- For people who have sleeplessness, consuming this juice helps in relaxing and it Increases digestion; Long-lasting ulcers can be reduced.
5.Saraswati leaf: (Centella asiatica, Apiaceae)
It is a plant that grows in shady areas and closes to groundwater resources. It also grows very quickly in pots. If a small rooted stem is planted, it will spread throughout the pot in ten to fifteen days. It grows abundantly in moist, shady places; flowers are blue in color, with round elongated leaves and red stems.
- Consumption of 1-2 teaspoons of this leaf juice mixed with honey enhances memory. For children with Mental Retardation, it is beneficial to consume 2-3 grams of these dried leaflets regularly.
- It can also be used to treat epilepsy, skin diseases, and hoarseness.
- Eating this leaf daily will increase memory in children. Increases concentration.
- Its green leaves, or dried powder, work well on skin diseases.
- Trimmed twigs can be dried in the shade and used whenever needed. It is very good medicine for any kind of mental illness
6.Brahmi: (Bacopa monnieri, Seropholariaceae)
It is also known as Jala Brahmi, Sambarenu. It has thin, small leaves and grows on shores and ponds. If the twig is planted, it will tangle immediately. The soft stems and leaves of this plant are healthy to eat with lentils.
- The leaves and stems of this plant reduce dementia.
- No matter how lazy children are, they will become active if they are fed these leaves for a while.
7.Nela Usiri: (Phyllanthus fraternus, Euphorbiaceae)
This is an annual plant that grows up to 1-2 feet tall. The leaves are like royal amaranth leaves. This small plant that looks like a weed everywhere has now gained international recognition. If it is planted, the pot will be full of its saplings including the seeds within three months. Behind the tiny leaves, there are a series of small nuts.
- This plant is very effective in curing many diseases caused by the virus Jaundice, hepatitis ‘A’ and ‘B’ types work well.
8.MachiPatri (Artemesia vulgaris, Asteraceae)
This plant is still widely grown in pots. If a small pitcher is planted it will grow big within ten days. This plant works as mosquitoes and insect repellents.
- Giving a teaspoon of juice along with honey to children will kill all kinds of worms in the stomach.
- It is also very good medicine for people who are suffering from sleeping disorders
- Smoke from this, by burning the dried leaves will repel mosquitoes.
- When there are ticks on the head, the leaves are crushed, applied to the head, and wash your hair after an hour the ticks will die.
9.False Daisy/bhringraj : (Eclipta alla, Asteraceae)
This plant guntagalagara is well known to many people. This is called Bhringaraja. It is very easy to grow in pots. This plant has small white flowers with a nice look. The famous Bhrangamalaka Tailam is made from this plant.
- The juice extracted from the leaves of this plant is boiled in oil and applied daily on the scalp to stop hair loss and grow healthy.
- Taking a fine paste of ten leaves once in day strengthens the bones. Skin diseases are preventable.
10.Ashwagandha/Penneru: (Withuania somnifera, Solanaceae)
It is also known as ashwagandha, winter cherry, and can be easily cultivated by seeds. The leaves and roots are very useful By the time the flowers bloom the root hardens. The tuber can be cut into pieces, dried, and stored.
- Consuming it as powder boiled with milk, chances of decreasing heart disease, dizziness, nerve weakness, and nourishes the body’s energy capabilities. It boosts immunity and also useful for pregnant women and nursing mothers.
- Using this in prophylactic patients with AIDS, cancer, and tuberculosis. It also reduces joint pains.
- Excess body fat is dissolved. The boredom that comes after a fever is reduced. Increases appetite.
So this is all about plants that are suitable for growing in the pots of the back yard and with all the beauty and medicinal value. It is also easy to raise such ones. No need to use fertilizers and pesticides. Changing the soil occasionally and watering twice a week is sufficient. These also make the home environment cleaner.