by feelhealthy | Dec 7, 2021 | Food, Foods to be Fit
We go on a diet in order to lose weight. Diet refers to the restriction of harmful foods such as sugar, deep-fried foods, soda, and all-purpose flour. Diet can also be defined as portion control.
One should choose a diet that is compatible with their lifestyle and that can be followed without interruptions.
A fad diet is a diet that is fashionable for a brief period of time, akin to fashion fads. In general, fad diets promise a variety of short-term changes that need little to no effort.
Why are they referred to as fad diets?
Because most people pick them up and drop them. We indicated that the majority of them are unsustainable in the long run. When a fad diet is followed for an extended period of time, it becomes harmful. Many fad diets exclude key food categories, nutrients, fiber, carbs, vitamins, and minerals. That’s not a good sign. When this is done over an extended period of time, you run the danger of being unwell in the long run. This is why fad diets are not intended to be used for an extended length of time.
South Beach Diet
It is one of the most popular diets advocated by celebrities in high-profile publications. Dr. Agatston, a cardiologist, developed it, and it is based on a reduced carbohydrate consumption with a greater protein and healthy fat substitute.
The diet promises to allow its adherents to consume carbohydrates ( in extreme moderation)
Protein (as long as it’s lean, with no bad fats) and good fats (no, it doesn’t imply pizza)
The South Beach Diet differs from other low carbohydrate diets in that it is not as low in carbohydrates as some of the other more restrictive choices.
Every day, you should consume around 140g of carbohydrates. This diet is divided into phases, so you will consume fewer carbohydrates at first and more as you go to the maintenance phase.
In phase 1, you will have very little carbohydrates and will not be permitted to consume juice or alcohol.
You can consume lean protein such as chicken or soy products.
You should also consume lots of fiber-rich veggies, low-fat dairy, and nuts, seeds, and avocados. This phase lasts two weeks and is when you will observe significant weight reduction.
Phase 2: Things get a bit easier in phase two since you may now have crabs, whole-grain bread and pasta, brown rice, and you should continue to consume lots of fruits and vegetables.
Phase 3 Anything in moderation, as long as you don’t go overboard! This stage is still ongoing.
The paleo diet is yet another well-known fad diet, and it is based on prehistoric eating practices, commonly known as the Stone Age diet. or the caveman way of life.
This diet is for you if you’ve ever desired to be a caveman or cavewoman. This is not a diet to be taken lightly because it is quite restricted and, as a result, not particularly maintainable in the long run.
The diet’s primary focus is on what could be obtained from the land at the time.
The paleo diet is great since there are no stages to follow, no counting, and no zone control; it’s just a list of items you can eat and a list of foods you can’t. As a result, the paleo diet is relatively easy.
Basically, you should eat the following
- Meats that are totally lean, grass-fed or wild game
- Fish including salmon, and mackerel
- Olive oil
You should avoid the following
- Any type of grain, like wheat, barley, oats
- Legumes of any type
- Dairy product
- Processed food
- Refined Sugar
For that reason, many assume the paleo diet is not the best choice in the long term.
Dr. Barbara Rolls created it, and it focuses on the density of meals. If you can focus on this, limiting the number of calories you eat and eating foods that keep you satiated for longer, you’ll not only create the calorie deficit required for weight reduction, but you’ll also be aiming for a better lifestyle overall.
There are no items that are forbidden in the Volumetric diet, but knowing which foods have a low density means you know what you can eat more of. You can make some truly wonderful and substantial dinners at home with the authorized items.
Low-Density foods include
- Fresh Vegetables
- Fresh Fruits
- Low-fat dairy products
- Whole grains
- Legumes, especially beans
- Lean meats
You don’t need to count much for this diet, but you should keep an eye on the calorie intake you are consuming for the first few weeks until you begin to understand the amounts in various foods.
Raw food diet
This is not a new phenomenon; in fact, it has existed since the 1800s. You may hear this diet referred to as raw veganism or raw foodism, but it is the same thing.
You can’t cook anything, but you can bend, juice, soak, sprout, or dehydrate it. According to the general definition, this diet does not contain any meat and instead focuses on items found on plants and trees, such as seeds, nuts, fruits, and vegetables.
According to studies, raw food is not any healthier than cooked food. Yes, cooking can help to lower the quantity in some cases. Cooking also kills microorganisms, which is not the case when the food is raw.
Most individuals will find this diet difficult to adhere to, but it will yield significant weight reduction benefits in the short term.
Foods you can eat
- Fruits & vegetables
- Nuts & seeds
- Legumes – should be soaked and sprouted first
- Dried fruits
- Dried Meats
- Raw nut butter
- Kinds of milk derived from Nuts
- Cold-pressed coconut oil
Foods you should avoid
- Anything Cooked, including Meats, grains, vegetables
- Anything Baked
- Anything roasted, like seeds or nuts
- Oils that are refined
- Salt & Sugar
- Potato Products
- Anything which is processed
The macrobiotic diet is entirely natural, which means that nothing artificial or processed enters the body. Furthermore, because no meat or dairy items are consumed, this diet might be labeled as vegan.
This diet comprises mostly of naturally occurring foods such as barley, oats, buckwheat, and brown rice, as well as any organically cultivated fruits and vegetables.
Soups that can be created from vegetables
- Organic meat but small amounts only
- Organic Fish but small amounts only
This is hardly a diet that anyone would desire to follow for pleasure. So let’s put it that way. The diet limits your daily calorie intake to 600 calories.
This diet claims to help you lose up to 22 pounds in 13 days. Is it removable? No, as soon as you stop dieting, the weight will most certainly return, and much of what you are losing is actually water.
Because calorie limitation involves nutritional restriction, it is recommended that you take vitamin supplements during this period. So you don’t miss out on anything important.
You’ll be eating high-protein, low-fat meals on this plan. In addition, you must consume at least 2 liters of water every day.
You might be wondering how you are supposed to get any nutrition at all in just 600 calories and yes it is a challenge. A simple daily meal plan could look something like this
Break Fast – A cup of coffee, you are allowed one cube of sugar
Lunch – Two Hard-boiled eggs, one tomato, and cooked spinach around 400 gm
Dinner- Steak 200gm, with green salad and dressing made with lemon and oil.
All these fad diets are not designed to be prolonged. Of course, most diets promise great results, but what you are actually seeing on the scales is a loss of water at least at first. If you want to go down the fad diet route is a short-term fix, the best idea is to find a diet that you can follow easily, which isn’t going to confuse you, and one which you can make plenty of delicious meals from it according to your taste.
by feelhealthy | Nov 30, 2021 | Health Tips
We’ve all heard that walking is the greatest method to lose weight. But most of us don’t know how we need to walk. to shred those extra pounds.
Exercise is defined as any activity that raises the heart rate, whether it be playing, walking, jogging, or spending time performing exercises at the gym. We all know about walking is one of the safest forms of exercise and that it helps us lose weight. The most crucial factor, however, is how we need to walk in order to lose weight quickly.
How frequently should I walk?
To keep healthy, the national Guidelines recommend at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise every week. However, moderate-intensity exercise should only comprise brisk walking; longer-duration walking will increase your fitness and health.
- We are physiologically created as humans to walk and run.
- It might be regarded as one of the safest or with the lowest chance of injury compared to other workouts.
- Almost every type of agriculture is represented by a single category. Almost every one of us is lucky enough to be able to walk as a pastime. It also does not necessitate any additional criteria.
- It is truly related to the weight of each individual. People who are heavier will burn more calories when walking since moving requires more energy.
- Walking faster consumes more energy than walking slower because of extra processes that occur at higher levels of exercise.
- Sweating, higher respiratory rate, and circulation all compel the body to burn more energy than just the energy necessary to move.
- Most humans walk at a rate of 3-4 miles per hour on average. Assume a brisk walker can cover up to 6 miles in an hour, or around 10 minutes each mile.
How to Begin
Slow and steady wins the race, according to Swamy Vivekananda.
- Begin gradually as a result of that. Begin by going for short, gentle walks. Walk for 10-15 minutes. Of course, most of us will walk for 10-15 minutes at a fast pace, but starting small has various advantages. By starting small, you give yourself the opportunity to build a habit through continuous walking.
- It is more necessary to perform modest, consistent walks than long, erratic ones.
- After a few weeks, you might begin to improve your walking technique.
- Concentrate on the pace at which you wish to walk at a consistent pace. This allows you to choose the intensity and set a speed that you can sustain while also challenging yourself for a longer amount of time. It also allows you to evaluate your timing and distance, allowing you to know how far you have walked and how fast you have gone.
- A good tempo, a decent speed in terms of fitness begins with what is usually referred to as talking pace.
- At this pace, your respiration is elevated, but you may still maintain a conversation and converse with someone while strolling along your side.
- When practiced, it should seem natural. Let’s be honest: we’ve been walking since we were toddlers. As a result, a suitable walking posture should already be established or requires only minor adjustments.
- Once you’ve established appropriate posture and a good speed, you may gradually increase the amount of time you walk. If you create a walking pace of 30 minutes every day, it will have an effect on your overall fitness.
- If you want to improve your fitness and maintain your walk under 30 minutes, you should increase the speed such that your breathing becomes difficult but not strained.
- For weight loss, longer periods of walking are recommended 60 minutes a day at a talking pace will cause a significant amount of calories to be burned.
Setting a target
A usual objective is to walk around 10,000 steps each day. It does not have to have a clear objective. However, it is beneficial to set additional goals throughout your practice. This will help you stay motivated and disciplined.
Walking approximately 1000 steps in 10 minutes, for example, is a suitable threshold for walking for a typical individual. Completing a few thousand steps in the morning, a few thousand more during the day and a few thousand more in the evening is usually easier than doing 10000 all at once.
The Benefits of Walking
You may raise your energy levels by reactivating your metabolism. It also improves our overall mental health by enabling us to unwind after a long day, improving our sleep patterns, and increasing our self-esteem and confidence.
One of the many advantages of walking over other types of exercise is the ability to stroll for longer periods of time with less effort.
by feelhealthy | Nov 24, 2021 | Food
Ayurvedic medicine is one of the world’s oldest medical systems, dating back thousands of years in India.Our country had previously ignored it, and the western countries had followed suit. With the development of Ayurveda culture and traditions over the world, people’s understanding of the ayurvedic diet and leading a healthy life has improved. Every human being will fall under any one of the below Ayurveda Doshas
Why should individuals practice Ayurveda?
By balancing the body, mind, and spirit, Ayurveda medicine helps to keep the body secure from ailments. Any deviation from this will throw your body off balance. The five components of Ayurveda are fire, water, air, earth, and space. These aspects are essential in every person’s existence. Dosha is created by balancing these components and producing energy.
Kinds of Dosha
There are three doshas in the Ayurveda belief system:
Vata, Pitta, and Kapha
Any of the three components has dominance over each dosha. Your ailments will be treated by an ayurvedic practitioner depending on your individual dosha. Let’s check which dosha you belong to.
- The Vata dosha is dominated by space and air in the five elements.
- These factors keep you moving at all times. When these components are in harmony, you feel alive and energized.
- Your nature is always busy, and you take care of yourself in a healthy way by getting enough rest and relaxation. Similarly, if they are out of balance, they can easily lead you to become ill.
Their common health issues
- Dryness is a common trait for Vata doshas.
- Dry skin, dry cough, dry mouth can become problematic and unbalanced Vata.
- Maintaining proper hydration, moisture both internally and externally you can restore rest and harmony.
- Vata should avoid cold and dry environments and warm is a favorable place. Warm massage, warm drinks, warm scents of cinnamon, clove, and vanilla helps you to balance your dosha back.
Fire and water are the dominant elements. In pittas, the fire element gives you powerful personalities. You’re likely to be powerful, with high leadership skills and the ability to make decisions. During periods of immaturity, you are easily upset and aggressive. People with this dosha have a rosy shine to their complexion and run at an average temperature.
Common Health issues
- When the pitta dosha is out of balance, it can cause breakouts and burning illnesses including heartburn, ulcers, and overall inflammation.
- Meditation is one of the recommended methods for staying cool. Inhale refreshing smells of rose and mint, lavender, and chamomile as you massage your body with cooling coconut oil. Cooler hues, such as blue and purple, should be used to decorate your home.
- They have a lot of water and earth in them. When the balance is right, it provides a firm and sturdy foundation; when the balance is off, it becomes muddy and slimy.
- If you have Kapha dosha dominance, you are strong, stable, thoughtful, quiet, and full of stamina, which can turn into stubbornness, a sensation of being stuck, and a refusal to move in mind, body, and spirit.
Common Health concerns
- Keep yourself moving with mild exercises to keep your body balanced, even if you don’t feel like it. Keep your mind open and flowing by engaging in new activities and thinking about new things. Kapha needs more liquids to keep their energy levels in check. They must also stay away from chilly settings.
- As a Kapha, you should prefer warm environs and decorate your home in warm and pleasant orange and yellow hues.
- Warm smells like camphor, clove, cinnamon, and eucalyptus are recognized for their energizing qualities.
We must keep in mind that all doshas and components are intertwined with each other. You may be dominated by pitta’s fire and water aspects, but other elements exist inside you and seek harmony as well.
The most important thing to remember when practicing Ayurvedic medicine is to avoid thinking about fast cures.
Ayurveda focuses on restoring balance, which is not always simple or straightforward, especially in today’s fast-paced world.
by feelhealthy | Nov 9, 2021 | Uncategorized
MyHR CVS, based in Woonsocket, Rhode Island, is a major healthcare solution company. Consumer Value Stores (CVS) was formed in 1963 by three partners: Stanley and Sidney Goldstein, and Ralph Hoagland. It has grown to become the world’s seventh-largest company by revenue and ranks seventh on the Fortune Global 500 list. It began as a network of health and beauty aid stores, but pharmacies were added after a few years.
With 9,600 locations in all 50 states, CVS Pharmacy is one of the largest retail pharmacy businesses in the United States.
CVS Specialist is the drug store section of CVS Health. It provides specialty pharmacy services to those who have chronic or hereditary disorders who need sophisticated and expensive prescription regimens. CVS Health is the largest specialty pharmacy in the United States, with 24 retail specialty pharmacies and 11 specialists mail-order pharmacies.
CVS Health has a number of job opportunities in a variety of fields for you to pick from. To look for and apply for jobs, click any of the icons below. Please visit the following website if you have any issues regarding your application process or want to double-check recruiter contact information.
Here you may click on any icon that appeals to you based on your prior experience and degree of interest. Students can also part-time jobs through them.
You may now search using terms that are relevant to your career. Choose a suitable career for you and study the requirements to see whether they apply to you. Click on the button (Apply to the Job)
Here you may put a time estimate for filling out this application, such as 10-15 minutes, as well as a bar that displays the status of filling out the application. Let’s get going.
The first will question if you are currently employed by CVS/Pharmacy, CVS Health, MinuteClinic, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. If you are an employee, you have the option of selecting OK or NO. Then press the save & continue button.
Add your resume or you can use your profile and then click on save & continue.
You can provide your information in the form of your name, address, phone number, and zip code. After that, include your professional experience and educational background. Save and continue by clicking the Save and continue option.
It will take you to the next page and ask you how you learned about this job vacancy.
Choose from the drop-down menu, then click Save and Continue.
Now it will redirect you to voluntary self-identification where you can mention about mention your gender and race.
You can skip this step if you feel this is not the right time to mention your details
It will take you to the following page, where you must specify “Voluntary Self Identification – Disability” on the next page. If you don’t want to input your impairment, you may skip this step and click Save & Continue.
It will then take you to the following page, “Voluntary Self Identification – Veteran,” where you can state if you or any of your family members or spouse are now serving in or have served in the US military. It is your choice whether or not to inform them of your existence. Continue by clicking Save & Continue.
It will now send you to the following page, where you will be asked questions about your job status in the United States, your estimated income range, your age, and a photocopy of your Covid 19 Vaccination card.
Fill up the blanks with your further information and then click Save & Continue.
You’ve completed 88 percent of the application process thus far. Then it will send you to the following page, WOTC Questionnaire, with no regard for your personal information’s privacy.
Continue by clicking Save & Continue.
On the following page, you will be asked if you live in the United States or in another nation. Mark the correct answer. Then choose Save & Continue.
On the next page, you can find some commonly asked questions. Read them attentively since they will answer all of your questions regarding tax concepts.
You’ve reached the last stage of the application process, where it will display all of your responses and allow you to amend them if necessary. Double-check that all of your answers are right before clicking “submit my application.”
You have submitted the application successfully you can see with application iD and the confirmation mail will send to your email ID
You can look at your application status in your email.
This is how you can log in to your MyhrCVS login page and you apply through career’s page where you can enter your email ID and password. Choose your appropriate job which is suitable for your profile.
by feelhealthy | Oct 21, 2021 | Blog
Most people believe that metabolism is an organ or a type of nutrient that we obtain from food. Where we may observe a variety of advertisements claiming that their product increases metabolism and so on.
What is metabolism, exactly?
How’s it we going to boost it?
Metabolism is the process under which food is converted into energy. This energy is used by our bodies to carry out tasks. We require energy to carry out our daily tasks, which we obtain through the metabolic process.
In reality, if you’re looking up metabolism on the internet, it suggests you’re interested in the activities carried out by your metabolism process.
Other operations in our bodies, such as blood circulation, oxygen-to-carbon dioxide conversion, and waste elimination via the kidneys, are all dependent on metabolism.
Metabolism is also known as the process of two diametrically opposed biological functions known as Anabolism and Catabolism.
The process of the creation of cells is called Anabolism.
Our body can create a number of cells to replace the dead cells. For example, if we got an injury, our body responds instantly can stop the bleeding, and also starts creating new cells in the place of dead cells. This process of creating new cells in the place of dead cells is called Anabolism.
On the other hand, the opposite activity that breaks down energy to function properly is called catabolism.
For example, When we exercise, our heart rate rises, and our body temperature rises as well. Because our bodies require more oxygen at that time, our breathing rate increases. If our bodies were unable to adapt to the increased oxygen demand, we would collapse, which necessitates the expenditure of additional energy. Catabolism refers to the process of breaking down cells in order to generate energy.
As a result, metabolism is a synthesis of two opposing functions. Catabolism, which breaks down cells to create energy, and Anabolism, which uses energy to construct cells.
What we can do to Boost Metabolism
Interval Training/Exercise Variety
After a period of intense workouts and training, we reach a point known as the weight-loss plateau, in which we stop losing weight.
At that point, we can incorporate interval training and a variety of activities, such as doing 30 seconds or 1 minute of cardio, into your workout regimen, or we can vary the type of activity you undertake.
Yes, adding protein to your meal makes you feel satiated for longer, and protein also helps you gain muscle mass.
Eating your last meal before 8 p.m. helps to properly digest your food and speeds up the metabolic process, and you should maintain at least 3 hours of gap between meals and sleep.
Including carbohydrates in your meal gives you the energy you need for the day.
Whole grains are more nutritious than simple carbs like white rice, refined flour, and white bread because they include complex carbs like whole wheat and whole oats.
Complex carbohydrates are high in fiber and B-complex vitamins.
Metabolism is the process of transforming food into energy, and we can speed up the metabolism process in the body by doing so.