Tea in winter is one of the favorite drinks of most of us. There are many types of healthy and tasty teas which we can prepare at home quickly. These teas give us a different taste and can do wonders for our bodies. They can also give quick relief from most of the common diseases that occur in this winter season.
- Add 1 inch of cinnamon stick or one-fourth teaspoon of cinnamon powder (which smells strong) to one and a half cups of water.
- Let it boil slowly, turn it off after 2 min and allow it to rest for some time.
- Strain the water and sip this drink slowly and wait for the amazing results.
- This tea can be easily added to our diet. It is fully loaded with antioxidants and fights against bacteria that cause sore throat.
- You can have it either warm or cold, it works well in shedding extra pounds and helps you to maintain a healthy weight.
- It also controls blood glucose levels and lowers menstrual cramps.
Honey Lemon Tea:
- Add a normal tea bag to the boiling water and allow it to infuse.
- When it is warm you can add half lemon and 1 spoon of honey to this tea. It enhances the taste.
- This tea energizes you instantly and boosts your immunity to fight against the common cold.
- If it is taken as the first drink in the morning, it helps you in weight management.
- Vitamin C in lemon helps you to get immune from cold or any seasonal flue and also makes your skin healthy.
- Whereas honey gives you enough energy and makes you feel quite fuller for a long time.
This tea is prepared with Chamomile flowers, It may not be available for the people who are living in urban areas unless you can buy chamomile flowers dried powder from your nearest store or online.
Take any good branded dried chamomile powder which is available in the market. In a teapot add 2 tbsp. of chamomile powder and add super hot boiling water, give a quick stir and allow it to sit for a few minutes.
Finally, Strain the tea and sip it slowly, you can also add basil leaves or any other sweeteners to enhance its taste…
But its benefits make us realize how essential it is.
- It’s been used as food in different forms for more than 500 years
- It helps us to calm down the stress levels, and anxiety and effectively relieve from Hysteria.
- Extract of this tea treats Insomnia very well and also promotes youthful skin
- Its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial compounds help us to promote clear, radiant skin.
- Drinking this at bedtime relaxes our mind and makes us sleep well.
- It is also used in many beauty products and facial serums.
Turmeric- ginger tea:
This is one of the finest and easiest tea we can prepare, add 1 inch of ginger to one and a half cup of water and let it boil for few minutes, while boiling you can add turmeric.
Strain it and drink. You can add honey as a sweetening agent.
- Extracts of both Turmeric and ginger help us to reduce cholesterol levels especially LDL naturally. So it reduces the risk of heart strokes.
- Antioxidants present in this tea help us to stimulate neural activity and improve focus.
- This tea is a good solution if you have a week immune system and majorly suffers from cold and becomes ill frequently, because both ginger and turmeric aid to improve our immune system.
- By using turmeric in this herbal tea, due to its anti-inflammatory properties reduce acne and eczema. It also prevents the signs of aging and wrinkles and gives you youthful skin by stimulating the growth of new cells.
You can prepare this tea either with fresh basil or dried basil leaves which you can buy from your nearest store or online.
Add the powder to the boiling water and let it be infused. Strain the leaves and drink it slowly.
You can also add ice and have it as iced Basil Tea. It gives you the same refreshment and taste as well.
- Having this tea on regular basis fights acne-causing bacteria and Infections.
- It also provides good Dental and oral care.
- This tea gives you instant relief from headache and fever.
- It balances hormones and lowers stress levels and anxiety.
This is the tea prepared with peppermint leaves which is different from normal mint leaves. Peppermint is a hybrid variety of mint, which contains up to 40% of menthol, whereas mint contains 0.04% of menthol.
To prepare this tea, crush the peppermint leaves, add them to the water and let it boil for 3-5 minutes.
Put off the flame and allow it to infuse, strain it, and drink.
You can also have it as iced peppermint tea by adding some ice cubes.
- Regular intake of this tea helps to digest food more effectively and helps in weight loss.
- It makes you fuller for a long time, so it works well when you are on a diet
- This tea relieves you from constipation, bloating, and gas
- Due to its major menthol compound in leaves of peppermint, soothes body muscles after a workout
- Inhaling the steam of these leaves helps you to get quick relief from cold congestion and sinus
- Intake of this tea on a regular basis reduces oil on the skin, therefore reduces pimples and spots.